Governance, Registered and Independents Clubs
SMU Blockchain Club
SMUB is a club promoting and facilitating the growth of Digital Consulting in the SMU community and Blockchain technology implementation in corporate, government and education institutions.
We will be providing three main sources of value to our community in the upcoming semester:
- Build your portfolio
- As the founding Chapter of a cross-university Digital Consulting consortium, we aim to provide our student community with the opportunity to engage with a wide spectrum of corporations in digital consulting projects in either consulting or developer roles.
- Our partnership with BNP Paribas also helps us provide the community with other digital consulting opportunities, including an upcoming Digital Pitch competition.
- Grow your network
- We will be providing sharing events and networking opportunities with industry heavyweights like Govtech, Binance, Bank of America, etc.
- Develop your knowledge base
- Training sessions with certification opportunities would also be available, where we help ease you into the world of Blockchain technology, while recognising your growth and achievements in the space.
REACH US AT firstname.lastname@example.org!
SMUB is an easy-going club, founded with the intention of connecting students to the world of Blockchain technology.
As such, there is no compulsory attendance to any of our events. However, we do provide a great deal of opportunities for growth for career minded students.
To strike a sweet balance between an overly intensive club and one that does not provide students with sufficient value, we do our best to bring to our community amazing opportunities and events largely away from examination periods, as well as students who would like to learn more about Blockchain Technology or to connect with people with similar interests.
- Founding Opennodes University Chapter (Digital Consulting) – 2020
- Partnership with BNP Paribas to build out SMU’s Digital Innovation framework – 2020
- Participated as part of a Cross-University team at Govtech’s COVID-19 Idea Sprint hackathon (utilising Decentralised Identifiers on Blockchain technology to improve contact tracing) – 2020
OUR PEOPLE IN ACTION
DO I NEED TO AUDITION TO GET INTO THE CLUB?
No, we are a no barrier CCA, where we believe in embracing and developing all who are interested. Training and upgrading workshops will be conducted, so even those with minimal background or knowledge about Blockchain and digital consulting can join without worry of being left out.
"SMUB had an amazing diversity of members, from Software Engineers to HR, from Marketing to Trading. More than just Blockchain, we rubbed unique insights off each other across all topics, which allowed us to forge unprecedented career and life paths."
LKCSB: Year 4
"Being in SMU Blockchain Club opened my eyes up to the many opportunities that are available in the blockchain and fintech space. I'm definitely looking forward to working in this space as the people it attracts are so innovative and full of energy. It’s an industry like no other."
SIS: Year 4
"Alongside decentralised applications, I believe blockchain and cryptocurrency will disrupt the financial sector, supply chain and real estate market. I believe joining SMU Blockchain Club is the right step forward for me to grow as a person and learn even more about blockchain and cryptocurrency as a whole, alongside likeminded individuals."
- Kaydon Lim Jun Long, School of Computing and Information Systems, Year 1
"I think SMUB will provide me with plenty of networking opportunities and understanding different companies. These opportunities can prepare me for the future when considering my internships and career choices."
- Cheryl Yeo Xue Ting, School of Business, Year 1
Absolutely! Through our partnerships, we are intending on providing several projects every semester/year where students can lead and develop digital solutions for not only Corporates, but also government and education institutions.
Yes! We are a no barrier CCA, where we believe in embracing and developing all who are interested. Training and upgrading workshops will be conducted, so even those with zero background or knowledge about Blockchain and digital consulting can join without worry of being left out.
Yes! We will provide the necessary training to equip you with the fundamental knowledge and certification necessary to succeed. Do not be afraid to attend our networking sessions too! You can also join our telegram group @smublockchainclub to interact with us and keep up with our events!
The club is largely commitment free! We work on a model of providing opportunities and events for students and they pick and choose according to their commitment level and interests.
The 33% discount will last till the 22nd of August. Besides gaining free access to amazing opportunities, signing up right now would also get you an amazing Blockchain Club T-Shirt!